Thursday, July 28, 2011

Re. Colby Rasmus et al.

I cannot remember a trade made by the Blue Jays that involved a number of players. My head is still spinning. After much digestion, this is what I have to say:

- Not happy about seeing Zep go. He was the kind of pitcher that could easily transition from bullpen to rotation and back. Had a few rough patches this season, but was stable.

- Not happy about seeing Zach Stewart go. Young arm that had potential. I know the Blue Jays have some depth when it comes to pitching, but I was hoping they would hang on to Stewart a little longer.

- Patterson and Dotel were meant to be used as trade bait. They were short term solutions.

- Mark Teahen is also a short term solution. The only way he remains with Toronto is if they trade Encarnacion.

- I'm indifferent with Frasor. He did his job (most of the time).

- Colby Ramus certainly has potential. Could be this year's Yunel Escobar. I guess he'll rotate between DH and OF. There's some overflow in that area right now.

- Don't know a lot about PJ Walters. Trevor Miller seems to be the type of pitcher that comes in to face one batter before being removed. Brian Tallet is back. If you can get a few decent innings out of him, then it's worth it. But he's hurt, so I'm not holding my breath. 

ER  

No comments: