Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Angry Andy

Some food for thought from Andy Rooney. I don't agree with everything he says. However, there are some valid points (like the one on wrestling). You be the judge:


I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except
numbers.. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are
things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black
Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like
the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment
Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens...Jesse Jackson
will be knocking down your door.

Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can
kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you
from driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, which is why there
are no girls allowed Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU LISTENING
MARTHA BURKE ?

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is
an opinion.

I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are
different, weird, or tick me off.

When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of
the population is black, that is not racial profiling; it is the Law of
Probability.

I believe that if you are selling me a milkshake, a pack of cigarettes, a
newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact,
if you want to be an American citizen, you should have to speak English!

My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the
countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours.

I think the police should have every right to shoot you if you threaten
them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word
"freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above lines.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are
qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans
or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store,
or any other business.

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives
in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come
over here and tell us our constitution is a living document; and open to
their interpretations.

I don't hate the rich I don't pity the poor

I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That
doesn't stop you from watching them.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and
continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next
operating system that's better, and put your name on the building.

It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take
a parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds when
necessary, and say "NO!"

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't
pretend they are a political statement. And, please, stay home until that
new lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as
you serve me French fries!

I am sick of "Political Correctness" I know a lot of black people, and not
a single one of them was born in Africa; so how can they be
"African-Americans"? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around
saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great,
great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America and
nowhere else

The Hek

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow...a lot of me me me me...I realize it's opinions but here is a man who appears to be quite dogmatic. Let me give him the courtesy he's bestowed on my fellow minorities (I don't see any "weak minorities" attached to it, do I? Perhaps it's invisible and I canna read engrish)

**

Ah, irrashaimasen!

Yes...engrish is a great language. andy rooney cometh o'er to my store, wants 2 buy shinbun (newspaper), tobacco, soshite miruku (milk) and he's complaining about the lack of english, neee?

There's probably an all english language store across there...I'm sure they'll appreciate your business. :)

arigatou-gozaimasu!

btw, you notice when you're buying stuff at the grocery store that most of the time, some of the sales clerk don't even greet you and just scan your things? Some don't even tell you the price and expects you to look at the cash register, and their hands are already held out to take your bills...

no communication necessary there...why do you need to speak? You know numbers at least right, andy?

-Angelina

Anonymous said...

That makes for an interesting post, but I can't say I agree with most of what he's saying.

And yeah, like Angelina says, the self-centredness of it really turns me off.

- Mr. Wood

Eric Rosenhek said...

He's 90 years old and cranky