Friday, August 31, 2007
- My Parents
Nice to know I have their full support.
I'd rather slit my wrists then work for the Town of M****** for the rest of my life.
This is the hell I've had to endure, ever since I threw my independence away and moved back home from Ottawa.
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Monday, August 27, 2007
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Here's some irony:
- The 30-3 outcome was game one of a double header. Texas won the second game 9-7.
- The Rangers are having an abysmal season. They're at the bottom of the AL West, with a record of 56-70.
- Before the first game, Baltimore announced they were extending manager Dave Trembly's contract through the 2008 season.
One thing's for sure...
THE ORIOLES GOT JACKED UP!!!!!!!!!!
PS: Happy Birthday to Owen/Billy! Last year, I told you to buy him a beer. This year, buy his CD. Only $12.
Monday, August 20, 2007
New entries are in red.
1. Kennedy Killed the Hat - Buck 65
2. I bought some books - Black Boot Trio
3. Watching the Wheels - John Lennon
4. Vacation - The Go-Go's
5. Like a Prayer - Madonna
6. Night Swimming - REM
7. Chicago - Sufjan Stevens
8. Ring, Ring - Abba
9. Call on Me - Eric Prydz
10. November Rain - Guns N Roses
11. Cruel Summer - Bannanarama
12. Hung up - Madonna
13. 463 - Buck 65
14. Judy is a Punk - The Ramones
15. The Laws have Changed - The New Pornographers
16. Portland, Oregon - Loretta Lynn feat. Jack White
17. Suzanne - Leonard Cohen
18. The Card Cheat - The Clash
19. Canadian Railroad Trilogy - Gordon Lightfoot
20. Boys in the Bright White Sports Car - Trooper
21. Mandy - Barry Manilow
22. Let's Get Together - Al Green
23. Mickey - Toni Basil
24. Bodies - Drowning Pool
25. Folson Prison Blues - Johnny Cash
26. Bawitaba - Kid Rock
27. Losing Grip - Avril Lavigne
28. City of New Orleans - Arlo Guthrie
29. Pump it - Black Eye Peas
30. Lonely Old Eyes - Neko Case
31. Immigrant Song - Led Zepplin
32. Philadelphia Freedom - Elton John
33. Don't Walk Away Eileen - Sam Roberts
34. Bring the Noise - Public Enemy & Anthrax
35. Maneater - Nelly Furtado
36. Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves - Cher
37. My Immortal - Evanescense
38. Hips Don't Lie - Shakira
39. Welcome to the Jungle - Guns and Roses
40. Bad Habit - The Offspring
41. LDN - Lily Allen
42. Man I use to Be - K-OS
43. Lolipop - Aqua
44. Banquet - Bloc Party
45. The Sign - Ace of Base
46. Rise Above - Black Flag
47. Devil Went Down to Georgia - Charlie Daniels Band
48. Thank God I'm a Country Boy - John Denver
49. Hello - Lionel Richie
50. River - Joni Mitchell
51. Romantic Rights - Death From Above 1979
52. Knock on Wood - Amy Stewart
53. My Heart Skips A Beat - Buck Owens
54. Levon - Elton John
55. Use It - The New Pornographers
56. The Boy In The Bubble - Paul Simon
57. Graceland - Paul Simon
58. Everywhere - Fleetwood Mac
59. Head Over Feet - Alanis Morrisette
60. Ring Of Fire - Johnny Cash
61. Inside And Out - Feist
62. Crosseyed And Painless - Talking Heads
63. Give It To Me - Timberland feat. Nelly Furtado and Justin Timberlake
64. Intervention - Arcade Fire
65. I'm Afraid Of Brittany Spears - LiveonRelease
66. For Whom The Bell Tolls - Metallica
67. Sundown - Gordon Lightfoot
68. Hard To Concentrate - Red Hot Chilli Peppers
69. Sabatoge - Beastie Boys
70. Diamonds From Sierra Leone - Kanye West
71. One Thing - Finger Eleven
72. Changes - 2pac
73. Gone Away - The Offspring
Friday, August 17, 2007
Thursday, August 16, 2007
- There are 236 Facebook groups related to Stephen Harper. Some groups support the Prime Minister. Others are against him. My favourite group is, "Give Harper Time To Write His Book About Hockey."
- There are 13 groups related to Erik Bedard. Three of the 13 groups want Bedard to win the Cy Young award. He has a shot, but Josh Beckett and Roy Halladay are definitely in front of him.
- There are only two groups dedicated to Buck 65. That does not seem fair.
- There is a group related to the Arcade Fire with almost 2400 members.
- There is a group dedicated to Global's Leslie Roberts. It's called "Leslie Roberts is a DILF Fan Club." No, I am not kidding. Here's the group's description: "Leslie Roberts is a pimp, in the sexy sort of way.... I mean, just look at what his seed created!!! From his dashing good looks (emphasized by his sea-blue eyes), incredible sense of style (supplied by Global CanWest Media) to his poise and articulation on the news to even his 'silly laugh' and soulful voice singing "sexyback" by Justin Timberlake."
- There are no groups specifically for Olivia Chow. However, her husband is the subject of 64 groups.
- There is a group called "Friends of Relic From The Beachcombers." It has 85 members.
- The "Jenny Gear Fan Club" only has six members. Ouch.
- There are four groups dedicated to Danger Bay. One group wants the series remade.
- Finally, PublicBroadcasting.ca has a Facebook group. You should go join that.
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
The program is called Nightstream and it airs seven days a week, from 1-6am.
Nightstream offers a wide variety of music. It touches almost every single genre featured on Radio 2. One minute you're listening to a folk song; the next minute you're listening to a catchy tune with electronic beats.
If there is one thing that all the tracks on Nightstream have in common, it's that they all express a calm presence. Each song will allow the listener to relax, reflect and wind down after a long day. Personally, I enjoy listening to the program as I lie in bed, drifting in and out of consciousness.
Of course, the only downside is that Nightstream airs in the very early morning, when you're probably asleep. However, if you are up during the program's five-hour time slot, I highly recommend you to listen. You'll find that Nightstream is a great way find peace in an otherwise hectic world.
For more information, visit Nightstream's website.
Monday, August 13, 2007
The worst days are the days when I don't make any progress.
In seven months, I will be 25. There are people who are younger then me, who are getting farther then I am.
There is this clock in my head. I only have a few years before the dream becomes impossible.
Every day passes and time is running out.
Friday, August 10, 2007
Thursday, August 09, 2007
U.S. presidential hopeful Barack Obama, already under fire from fellow Democratic candidates for his supposed inexperience and unguarded comments on American foreign policy issues, is raising eyebrows again after vowing to call "the president of Canada" if elected to the White House to begin renegotiating terms of the NAFTA trade deal.
The titular miscue came Tuesday night during a discussion of trade and labour issues at a Democratic debate in the Illinois senator's home base of Chicago.
"I would immediately call the president of Mexico, the president of Canada, to try to amend NAFTA, because I think that we can get labour agreements in that agreement right now," Obama said. "And it should reflect the basic principle that our trade agreements should not just be good for Wall Street; it should also be good for Main Street."
I'd like to tell you that this is a rare occurrence, but unfortunately, this has happened before. Remember Jean Poutine?
*Always on the money: Episode 50 of the Audio Circus*
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
2. Once I was the king of _______.
3. By the end of this year, the Premier of Ontario will be _______.
4. New Kids On The Block were a _______ group.
5. Chicago _____ Sox.
6. ______ is the loneliest number.
7. Run _____ run.
8. It's the ______ of the tiger.
9. My idle weather condition is _________.
10. Stop the _______.
Thanks for playing.