Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Good Day To Be Born

If today is your birthday, Happy Birthday!

I should also say congratulations.

I'm not sure what it is, but many well known cultural figures were born on this day. Usually on any given day, you get maybe 4-5 recognized names. However, the number triples. Celebrating today includes Jim Carrey, Kid Rock, Jacques Plante, Steve Earle, Shari Lewis, Andy Kaufman, Steve Harvey, Betty White and Vidal Sasson.

Two other people to note. First, Maury Povich was born on this day and apparently, he's celebrating by hosting "DNA Paternity Test Results - Part 86."

Second, Muhammad Ali is turning 65 today. According to TSN, in 2006, he earned $50 million. Not bad at all.

So Happy Birthday to everyone. I think I'll give the champ the last word.

"I done wrestled with an alligator, I done tussled with a whale; handcuffed lightning, thrown thunder in jail; Only last week, I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick; I'm so mean I make medicine sick."

The Hek

PS: Here's my latest entry from 'Hype'

No comments: