Monday, December 18, 2006

The Hek: Time Magazine's 'Person of The Year'

Time Magazine has announced that this year's 'Person Of The Year' is being awarded to anyone who uses or creates content on the internet. Therefore, yours truly is the recipient of this noble and historic award............along with a lot of other people. But, who am I to ruin a great achievement.

On to my acceptance speech:

What a truly wonderful moment this is to be named co-recipient of Time's 'Person Of The Year' award. There are so many people who have been given this title, and to be included with them is a great honour.

First, I would like to thank all the readers and listeners. Without your support, there would be no blog and no podcast. Second, I want to thank my parents for giving me proper guidance, teaching me that if you want something, you have to work for it; and most importantly, conceiving me.

Have to thank all my former girlfriends for giving me strength and major booty (Okay, I stole that from Kevin Smith). Thank you to all my friends. You guys are great! I love you all!

Gotta thank Lionel Richie. His song "Hello" has been stuck in my head all day. It's a great song. I really appreciate it. Thanks Lionel!

Thank you to my family, my co-workers, and all my teachers. I hope I didn't forget anyone. If I did I'm really sorry. I know I'm running out of time so, let me just say, God bless you all; have your pets spayed or nuked or whatever; and, have great night! Thank you!

The Hek

*It's back! The Audio Circus podcast. Catch Episode 21, ASAP*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As co-recipient of this award, I would like to thank The Hek, without whom my blog would not have been created.

It's been great writing almost two years of movie reviews and other rants, and with my luck I look forward to bringing you at least two years' more.

From all of me here at Mirrorstone's Reflections, thank you.

- Mr. Wood

Eric Rosenhek said...

Congrats to Mr. Wood and Thank you.