Monday, September 18, 2006

Mothers Say The Darndest Things

When it comes to live WWE events, I've had some recent bad luck.

When they've done shows in Toronto, I'm usually in Ottawa; and when they've done shows in Ottawa, I'm usually in Toronto. Even if the WWE to were hold an event in the same city where I'm living, chances are that I won't be able to attend the event. This is due to the following reasons:

A. I don't have a credit card so, I can't buy tickets over the internet.
B. I live far from the arenas and by the time I'd get to the arena's box office, the tickets are usually sold out.
C. (With the exception of Mr. Wood) I can never convince any of my friends to go because they all think wrestling is "dumb."

But that's not the point of this post.

Anyway, yesterday I was heading to the Jays game with a friend. As per usual, I took the "Skywalk" which gives you a great view of the Air Canada Centre, the site of last night's Unforgiven Pay-Per-View. Parked outside the ACC were three WWE equipment trucks.

Meanwhile, a mother with a toddler was kneeling next to her stroller, pointing to the arena. As I walked past her, I heard her say the most adorable thing to her young son:

"Look sweetie, there's where all the wrestlers are going to be. Maybe we'll get to see John Cena."
I couldn't help but laugh. The mother then smiled and we briefly talked about the show. She was rooting for Cena while I, was rooting for Edge.

The Hek

-Catch Episode Ten of The Audio Circus-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can borrow my credit card next time if you want. Though I would suggest getting your own, they're quite useful.

- Mr. Wood

Eric Rosenhek said...

There's a lot of things I should get.

Credit Card
Cell Phone
Car
ETC.