Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Job Search

You know, I spend lots of money to get a piece of paper that says I know something and where do I end up? At the same "paying job" I have had since I was 15.

It is getting very frustrating.

Since April, I have applied to close to 50 jobs and not one has lead to at least an interview. I don't know what I have to do for these employers. I've had the resume properly formatted, I have enough experience and I have a degree. What more do they want? Is it because I'm a fish out of water? Is working at a community/campus station for four years not good enough for experience? Is it because I'm not a visible minority?

*sigh*

I realize something will come eventually. But for now, my patience is wearing a bit thin.

The Hek

Catch Episode Two of The Audio Circus

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the wonderful world of the job search.

I sent out four more resumes today. Unfortunately it often doesn't amount to anything. All we can do is keep our fingers crossed.

- Mr. Wood

Blake said...

Dude, you're in good company! I'm more or less in the same boat, but for the past 3 years!! You can't honestly expect to get "the job" after only a few months - that's the exception, not the rule.

Remember: patience is a virtue!

Eric Rosenhek said...

lol...

fingers and toes crossed.

Eric Rosenhek said...

"Remember: patience is a virtue!"

You got that right, Blake. I'm just looking for "a job" rather then "the job."

At least I'm in good company :-)

Billy Ruffian said...

likewise.

Anonymous said...

I think visible minorities are also in the same boat as you.

...nevertheless, hang in there.

-Angelina

Eric Rosenhek said...

"..nevertheless, hang in there."

Yeah, no one is getting a chance.

Too bad there's not temp agency for what I want to do.

Eric Rosenhek said...

Whoops...

Make that:

Too bad there's no temp agency for what I want to do.