Friday, December 16, 2005

It happened again...

I got involved with something and I said to myself "Be careful, don't get to involved. Don't allow your emotions to take part. It will hurt you in the end."

So I tried it and it seemed to go well, and I started thinking "Maybe this is legit. Maybe this is real. Maybe happy endings do exist."

But in the end, it ends the way it always does; with a whimper. It hurts everytime. You try to make something special and no matter what I do, it always fails. I've always tried be rational from beginning to end. But rational turns into emotional every fucking time. Barnum was right, a sucker is born every minute.

Sometimes you form grudges and other times, friendships. The ladder occurred this time and I will always take solace in that.

This is real life, people. This is reality. So, you become Fred Astaire. You pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again. Then, you look at the world and yell:

FUCK THIS SHIT

The Hek

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how that went...

Don't worry, you have the right idea. Won't stop it from hurting at the time of, but it gets a lot easier to walk away. And hopefully one day it'll be worth it. That's what I tell myself anyway...

- Mr. Wood

Billy Ruffian said...

Eric, that sucks man. I'm sorry that it turned out that way, but you know, it's always you cheering me up when this happens to me you know, so how bout man? How bout you let me take you out for a night on the town and make you feel better?

You know how to reach me.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like we're going to have to have a few beers when you get back.