Friday, November 18, 2005

The Hek will first like to extend his deepest condolences to the Brannen family.

I wrote this English paper and took it to the Writing Tutorial Service here on campus. The TA read it over and told me it looked decent. Two days ago, I received my mark on the aforementioned paper. The mark is not important but, what really pissed me off was the following comment written by my prof: "Your writing style undermines the clarity and authority of your argument...I advise you to get in touch as soon as possible with the Writing Tutorial Service. They should be able to improve your writing." The lesson here boys and girls, is that most (but not all) English profs are so pretentious that if you don't write like James Joyce, you're not going to get a good mark. Blastphamey.

The Hek

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you confront your prof about that one?

- Mr. Wood