Monday, October 03, 2005


The Hek would like to wish a very Happy and Healthy Shana Tova to everyone out there in the internet. May your year be sweet and may we all live to 120.

Now, I should have gotten a laptop.

Back in the summer of 2002, I was getting ready to purchase a new computer for my upcoming first year at Carleton. However, my father and I were originally going to get a laptop. We were turned off the idea because many people told us that laptops were one of the top things stolen at Universities. You turn your back on it, its gone. So instead we got my current compy. Today I am regretting that decision.

I almost spent the entire day in my room in front of this damn compy, typing out an essay while outside was just absolutely gorgeous. It got so bad, that I nearly had a panic attack. I'm not kidding, I was clawing the screen to my window. Finally, I just shut everything down and went outside to buy some bagels and a fine bottle of root beer.

If I had a laptop I could have typed out my essay outside at one of my "peaceful" spots; say, by the canal or at the steps of Parliament Hill. But that's just not in the cards.

The Hek

No comments: