Friday, October 14, 2005

Apparently, I have two types of voices. There's my regular voice and then, there's my radio voice. According to Jen and Sandra, my radio voice came out when I did an article presentation in class today. I can see that happening.

Did a bunch of things at CKCU, today. First, I started to put together an add for a Special Blend Pancake breakfast that is being organized. I also got to go On Air again, sort of. Actually, I "teched" for someone. Teched means that a show's host is not trained on the soundboard or doesn't want to work the board; so, they get someone else to basically push the buttons and make sure the sound is good. That's what I did for a show called Window of Oppourtunity. It was a lot of fun and I got to hear some pretty good folky type music. I also got a free CD: Paul Anka's Rock Swings. He takes all these modern rock hits and gives them a big band sound.

Now, two people have commented on my statements about Buck 65 being the best Canadian musician ever. They suggested Leonard Cohen, Joni Mitchell and Alanis Morisette.

I consider Cohen to be a spoken word artist rather then a musician. I'm not really into the light folk sound of Joni Mitchell. And, despite Alanis has really developed her sound well, I feel Buck 65 is just more creative. Of course it's all my opinion and the three suggestions are certainty the best at what they do.

The Hek

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Truth be told, Eric, I was joking when I mentioned Alanis Morisette. :D

-E.M.