Saturday, February 26, 2005

Last night, I had this dream.

I was sitting at my computer and in the span of two minutes, I found out that many of my friends and acquaintances - who, mean a lot to me - were heading over to Iraq, at the height of war, to write stories about it. There I was, so safe and so far away from any danger; and yet I was the only one scared. I was scared that they would all be killed. I was scared that I would be all by myself forever.

Right now, I am staring at the book I am currently reading, The Wars by Timothy Findley. There's a character who sits underneath a table while his headquarters is being bombed by the Germans. He turns to Robert Ross and says "Isn't it marvelous."

There are three things I dream about:

1. Doing my show at CKCU and everything goes wrong.
2. Going to a Blue Jays game and getting lost on the way.
3. Something to do with death and the people I care most about.

The Hek

No comments: