Monday, February 09, 2004

You gotta love the rollercoaster that is life.

It all started on Saturday when I went to Montreal with my Aunt Jackie, Uncle Jack and Cousin Kaila to attend my Cousin Aubrey's engagement party. I had a wonderful time! The best part of the trip was getting to see so many relatives that I had not seen in four years. For me, it is rare to see family. That's mainly because we all live in different cities and are not close together. Therefore, when one of these occasions do occur, it is certainly a special time.

There was a stand with photos of Aubrey and his fiancee Gabby from when they were little. Believe or not, Aubrey actually had a Knight Rider shirt. Just imagine a child walking around with David Hasselhoff on his t-shirt. Aubrey and Gabby are a great couple and I know they are going to be very happy together.

On a side note, I tried Budweiser for the first time and believe The Hek when he tells you that it is not the king of beers.

When I arrived back in Ottawa on Sunday I was planning to write a quick 200 word brief on the Carleton University Ravens Nordic Ski Team's performance at the Ontario University athletics (OUA) Championships. Basically it was suppose to be a simple little easy article and would only take me an hour to do. But at 9:00pm, to my horror, I discover that THE F**KING MEN'S AND WOMEN'S NORDIC SKI TEAM BOTH WON THE PROVINCIAL TITLE! This was huge news and it meant that my easy 200 word brief turned into a 500 word article. All I wanted was something small this weekend because I was away and didn't want to worry about writing any big articles for the Charlatan. However, as the song goes, "You can't always get what you want." I completed the article at 11:00am today and submitted it to very grateful sports editor (his name is Mark but it's not the same Mark that some readers might think it is).

So how was your weekend, Dear Reader?

The Hek

No comments: